The Beta of Adventures In Mess Making (2025)
The concept of Adventures In Mess Making goes back to the beginning of the 2020s, when I decided to get into coding just because my mom told me that I should, even though I wasn't interested at first and just wanted to enjoy video games. I got a new laptop for Christmas from my grandmother for my dad's house and thought why don't I make my bedroom at dad's house a game studio, Cheezy Mac Bowl Playthingz was born!
The concept: I wanted to make a platform game that had Mario similarities, but I wanted it to be a whole different experience than Mario. I wanted something that suited the essence of my work's vibe, and instead of just classical platforming, goofy hijinx and a wacked-out world. Instead of two jumpy plumbers who were brothers, I wanted the two main characters to be anthropomorphic adolescent friends from school, and a boy and girl for gender diversity. I also wanted the main characters to be a raccoon and a cat because those were the most mischievous and curious animals I could think of. I created the short film "Making A Mess Out of The Classroom" to demonstrate the personalities of the characters. Sproingy and Luna were meant to be a video game Little-Mister and Little-Sister the Stick Figure.
The design: I used the software GDevelop to create the game (you can find the link to the game on my channel description if you haven't played it). Every single sprite was drawn in Microsoft Paint to emulate the nostalgia I had with it in my childhood. The items were snacks of my childhood, figbars instead of coins and oatmeal pies instead of mushrooms. I originally wanted to give the enemies abilities, but coding was too new for me to figure it out, so I just made it players couldn't touch the enemies.
Comments
Post a Comment